Our client is a global, market leading brand in their field. With over 35 years of expertise, they boast an enviable range of products and customers, as well as a reputation synonymous with innovation and quality.
Working closely with the CTO, this newly created position will play an integral role in providing technical leadership in the design and development of Embedded Firmware for the company. With an already well established product portfolio, the Principle Embedded Systems & Firmware Engineer will lead the company’s technological development and application of technology across all areas of the business.
As a key member of the Engineering Management team, the incumbent will provide effective and innovative leadership in the design and development of Embedded Firmware.
- Establishment of Model Based Design (MBD) methods within the department.
- Delivery of firmware projects against time, budget and quality parameters
- Technical ownership of embedded software for all embedded products.
- Development and validation of electrical and electronic systems in NPD/NPI projects.
- Provide leadership for the continued introduction of MBD methods using Mathworks/Simulink toolchain.
- Work effectively with other engineering disciplines, with a focus on electronic hardware, to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions.
- Interface with internal and external partners as required in performance of their roles and responsibilities.
- Support Project Management in progress reporting, and delivery to time, quality and cost.
- Support Product Management in Requirements Capture and Customer Engagement
- Support for system integration during development and deliver production ready solutions.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess experience gained in a leadership capacity e.g. Principal/Lead Engineer, Manager etc. within the field of Embedded systems/Firmware for an electronics manufacturer. You will be ideally educated to Degree level in an electrical/electronic (or related) discipline.
Key selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrable and proven experience of embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Significant experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
- Ideally you will possess experience of Model-Based Design (MBD) approaches and tools, particularly the Mathworks/Simulink toolchain
- Experience of supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of industrial communications protocols e.g. CAN
- Demonstrable technical team management and leadership skills
- Understanding and experience of the design of functional safety compliant software, as per ISO 61508 and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
- Experience of software development to MISRA C or equivalent coding standards and guidelines
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry-leading organisation who have undertaken a major people-focussed, change management and improvement process to great effect.