Our client is currently experiencing a period of growth, and as a result they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join the team as a System Integration Engineer. This role will form an important part of the client’s core Engineering Team and you will work closely with the Business Development Team to provide technical knowledge and feasibility evaluations to customer enquiries. Liaising directly with customers you will support them technically from enquiry to sale, and thereafter with commissioning and integration.
The role itself will involve, testing and fault finding at the client’s facility, but also at customer sites, so you should be able to travel, both within the UK and into Europe, with potential of going to Asia, Africa and USA.
Duties will include:
- Develop and test state of the art hybrid systems.
- Integrate the client’s products into various applications ranging from vehicles to power generation and UPS systems, working closely with customers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the client’s Management Systems.
- Carry out in-depth testing and integration of systems.
- Provide detailed reporting and documentation for work carried out.
- Provide training and support to customers.
- Develop innovative methods to constantly improve products and testing methods.
- Provide timely feedback and reporting to the design teams for product improvement.
- Develop product specifications and manuals.
- Write test procedures.
- Educated to HND / BEng (Hons) in Electronics, Electrical, Systems Engineering or have significant industrial experience.
- The successful applicant will be confident and credible, with the ability and presence to represent the client to customers at the highest technical level.
- Likely to have considerable experience, showing strong career progression in a highly technical industry such as automotive, robotics, power generation or marine.
- Have a process-orientated attitude and able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and have the flexibility to meet tight deadlines where required.
- Experience in testing and development of products.
- Ability to read test plans, interpret test results and to conduct investigations.
- Good problem solving and IT skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with customers.
- Understanding of electronics, mechanical systems and firmware.
If any candidates have excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to complete System Design, understand the theory of schematics and fit, as well as being hands on with prototype builds then I’d be really keen to hear from you.
The salary range will depend on the individual and the level you are at in your career. My client would not rule out a recent graduate, although salary would be reduced accordingly.